STHS Year 12 Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum aims to support our STHS students to acheive the best results possible

+7
Trung
Jeffrey Yang
William Luo
William Lo
Ling chi Lee
Daniel Dinh
Man
11 posters

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010

Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 Empty Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010

Post by Man Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 am

Hey peoples!

As most of you are aware, the Year 12 yearbook is a longstanding tradition that has had a rocky past. This year, a fresh new Yearbook Committee is committed to making it happen for you guys!

So the Yearbook's gonna consist of a full colour "good quality" book with a media disc bundled. This will bring the price to about $50

1) PROFILES
    To upload a profile, download this template here:

... or just include these details in a word document:
    • AKA
    • Contact Information (phone number, emails)
    • Famous Quotes/Words of Wisdom
    • What will you miss about Tech
    • Memorable Moments
    • Why will we miss you?
    • Best known for
    • Aspirations

Follow instructions below to send your profiles to us.

2) MEDIA
    Since this is the first Yearbook to have a media disc, you'll need to contribute to the content! Place any photos, videos and other random stuff into a .zip folder and send it using the instructions in the next step. The Moodle submission can only handle files less than 100MB, so if your's exceeds this limit, send it using another zip folder.

3) SUBMISSIONS
    Submitting your stuff requires you to use a school account to access the School Intranet's Moodle page. Sign into your account either at school or at home and then access this page.

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 Course10

From there, click on "Enrol me in this course" and then click Yes. After that, click on "Yearbook profile upload" and scroll down to the bottom and upload your profile and media there. Don't worry about the rest of the confusing stuff on that page, it's just Martin Huang wanting us to do his work for him! Trust me, and don't confuse yourself with his crap!

When you upload, keep your profile and media .zip separate, don't combine the two.

Any question/suggestions - just post a reply or ask anyone!

Last edited by Man on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
    Daniel Dinh

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 Empty Re: Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010

Post by Daniel Dinh Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am

My question is do you get to design the page yourself, or is it more like a crappy profile book?
    Ling chi Lee
    Ling chi Lee

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 Empty Re: Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010

Post by Ling chi Lee Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:34 am

Daniel Dinh wrote:My question is do you get to design the page yourself, or is it more like a crappy profile book?
    and my question to you, Dinh, is why you always have to make something sound bad/negative from your huge ego? You can always give the yearbook team something called "suggestion", to make the page a certain way/allow people to design it themselves; instead of dissing it already.

That aside, OMG a non-spam post from Man Nguyen! Pretty informative lol.

Wasn't there something mentioned at the year meeting before, about using the school photos or a self-submitted one?

also, your mediafire link has two "http://" 's which make it un-click friendly =w=
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 am

Ling chi Lee wrote:and my question to you, Dinh, is why you always have to make something sound bad/negative from your huge ego? You can always give the yearbook team something called "suggestion", to make the page a certain way/allow people to design it themselves; instead of dissing it already.

Lol..Totally agree..Dinh disses everything and makes a big fuss about how stuff isnt the way how he likes

Anywayz...do we have to do this profile thing?

What if im too lazy?
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Daniel Dinh wrote:My question is do you get to design the page yourself, or is it more like a crappy profile book?
    Yes, it'll be a "crappy profile book", so it can be consistent and weird people don't do weird things to the page.
    Ling chi Lee wrote:and my question to you, Dinh, is why you always have to make something sound bad/negative from your huge ego? You can always give the yearbook team something called "suggestion", to make the page a certain way/allow people to design it themselves; instead of dissing it already.

Wasn't there something mentioned at the year meeting before, about using the school photos or a self-submitted one?

also, your mediafire link has two "http://" 's which make it un-click friendly =w=
    Ling, you one feisty person! And btw, my posts are always legit - never a hint of spam anywhere! Rolling Eyes And what's this about school photos - we'll take your photos on a special day, but now just get the profile done! I fixed the link so there shouldn't be anymore problems!
    William Lo wrote:Anywayz...do we have to do this profile thing?
    What if im too lazy?
    Laziness = no yearbook profile = you'll never be remembered = not an option
    i.e. compulsory
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Sigh...fine...

Wait...can't i choose to be never remembered?
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:49 am

William Lo wrote:Sigh...fine...

Wait...can't i choose to be never remembered?
    Well wouldn't it suck if your profile is not included our Year 12 "souvenir"? Yes it would - so stop questioning and remember it is compulsory. Just do it now when you still remember it and save me from nagging you, no one likes Man when he nags, so don't make him do it. (Man's PMS-ing as you can see from this and the Daniel Lau criticism, so don't test my patience!)
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:22 am

Fine...if i find the time to do this
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:56 am

William Lo wrote:Fine...if i find the time to do this
    That's more like it! It'll probably take 15 minutes at most (a bit longer if you happen to be a retard). Fill it in, then just upload it using the instructions above.
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 am

My school account doesn't work coz password expired so i can't do it
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am

William Lo wrote:My school account doesn't work coz password expired so i can't do it
    Log onto one of the computers at school and refresh your password. The intranet does that every 3 months (I think) so if people know your password, they can only use it for a maximum period of 3 months - a security measure you know
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am

I think I need to go to the DT block and get Mr Riley to change the password for me then ill do the yearbook crap
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 am

William Lo wrote:I think I need to go to the DT block and get Mr Riley to change the password for me then ill do the yearbook crap
    Yep, first priority capische? Anyone with photos and videos from yesterday's epic Swimming Carnival, please upload them onto the Moodle site along with the Yearbook stuff.
    William Luo
    William Luo
    Admin

Post by William Luo Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 am

Where's martin! We need to separate out the photos of our year!
    Ling chi Lee
    Ling chi Lee

Post by Ling chi Lee Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 am

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 18178_10

the aftermath.

ok, maybe this is better LOL All of Man's 100kg on me.

Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 18178_11
    Jeffrey Yang
    Jeffrey Yang

Post by Jeffrey Yang Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 am

Man wrote:
    Yes, it'll be a "crappy profile book", so it can be consistent and weird people don't do weird things to the page.

Ling, you one feisty person! And btw, my posts are always legit - never a hint of spam anywhere! Rolling Eyes And what's this about school photos - we'll take your photos on a special day, but now just get the profile done! I fixed the link so there shouldn't be anymore problems!
    William Lo wrote:Anywayz...do we have to do this profile thing?
    What if im too lazy?
    Laziness = no yearbook profile = you'll never be remembered = not an option
    i.e. compulsory
    The reason you won't be able to design your own profile is because since it is in colour, the really complicated and colourful designs will jack up the price, and then people will rage.

The reason we should all submit a profile is simple. This is probably the thing you will be remembered by in years to come when we look back onto our Tech days. If yours isn't there, you won't be remembered.
    Ling chi Lee
    Ling chi Lee

Post by Ling chi Lee Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 am

But since it's already in colour I doubt they will charge you for every carton of ink they use on the white paper/plastic. I don't think they'll count how many swirls or pattern people do...? So shouldn't it be regardless of complicated/colourful designs since its already on colour? Like how the library doesn't charge different prices in a print with just red, or lots of red, blue and green?

Not that I think a normal page is not good enough.
    Trung
    Trung
    Admin

Post by Trung Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 am

OUt of nowhere there's a white kid that pops up. OMFG IT"S CHRIS CHARD
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 am

Trung wrote:OUt of nowhere there's a white kid that pops up. OMFG IT"S CHRIS CHARD

Lol yeh Chris Chard just jumps in xD

and if u notice it Hallard is at the backgroudn too lol
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am

William Luo wrote:Where's martin! We need to separate out the photos of our year!
    Separate out what photos? And I'm Martin isn't the only dude who knows how to "separate" photos!
    Ling chi Lee wrote:Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 18178_10
    the aftermath.

ok, maybe this is better LOL All of Man's 100kg on me.
    Yearbook Profile & Media Uploads - Class of 2010 18178_11
    I think my weight is missing another zero at the end! Lol jks, remember to post them onto the Moodle page in it's high resolution goodness! Thanks for posting that picture!
    Jeffrey Yang wrote:The reason you won't be able to design your own profile is because since it is in colour, the really complicated and colourful designs will jack up the price, and then people will rage.

The reason we should all submit a profile is simple. This is probably the thing you will be remembered by in years to come when we look back onto our Tech days. If yours isn't there, you won't be remembered.
    You heard him everyone - but Man's also what Ling is wondering, how would a complicated design change the cost. Curious to know, not picking at what you posted.
    Trung wrote:Out of nowhere there's a white kid that pops up. OMFG IT"S CHRIS CHARD
    Ahahahahahahaha!! OMFG IT'S CHARDY! It's like playing Where's Wally, except it's more like Where's the White Kid?
    Jeffrey Yang
    Jeffrey Yang

Post by Jeffrey Yang Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm

The quote we have isn't final. It's just a rough estimate. That's why they want us to send a draft copy before they print. That plus any extra costs will give us the final quote. Having lots of colour on most of the pages will surely jack up the price than if most of it is white. Then again, the whole thing is relatively cheap anyway so meh. Point is, price will go up.
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm

You see that spot with no1 standing there and looks weird...

Was me and kevin ng xD

legged it while patty chucked the water at you guys lol
    Man
    Man
    Spammer / Pedo / Spy

Post by Man Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:45 pm

William Lo wrote:You see that spot with no1 standing there and looks weird...

Was me and kevin ng xD

legged it while patty chucked the water at you guys lol
    You mean that empty spot between Ling and Jeffrey on the first photo? Lol I think I legged it as well, but for some reason I also got wet...
    William Lo
    William Lo
    Hammer / Spammer

Post by William Lo Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 am

Coz u suck lol...i didnt get wet at all..too pro
    Daniel Dinh

Post by Daniel Dinh Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 am

Jesus Christ people! I make a legitimate question and you people immediately start flaming and making assumptions everywhere. I wasn't being a egotist or "trying to get my way". I didn't know the answer to the question, and I was legitimately interested, and Man was the only one reasonable enough to give a response that didn't essentially say "Fuck you!"

Jeez, you people are nuts...

Edit: Besides, I'm still right in saying that the "profile book" is a crappy idea. I mean, we're basically just getting a phonebook at the end of the year. A yearbook should be something where everyone gets a page that's personal and represents them as a person, not just a page with personal details. Even if it was black and white and just a crappy photocopied, dodgy-staple job, it would still be much more 'personal' than a profile page.

Another edit: So what is wrong with a review system? Let everyone do whatever the hell they want with the page, but then someone/a few people review them and judge whether it's "too colourful" or "too weird/penis-y". We did it with jersey names, anything that's too expicit gets rejected and the person must make a new name. You do the same with profile page, if it's too "colourful" or too rude, then either reject it or tone it down and ask them if they're happy with what you changed.

Being perfectly honest, I think you people are just taking the easiest path/path with least amount of effort required, just like the formal "committee".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am